Instructions for Session Chairs
Thank you for agreeing to chair a session. Session chairs are essential to keep sessions on schedule and moderate the question period.
- Arrive a few minutes early to check on room and equipment set-up. Let the conference organizers at the registration desk know if problems arise or adjustments are needed.
- Please follow the scheduled order of talks, as well as presentation times.
- In the unlikely event that a speaker is absent, we ask you to announce a short break until the next presentation is due to start. Breathe normally.
- Do not start early, as participants may be moving between sessions/presentations.
- Introduce each speaker.
- Speakers presenting accepted full papers during the technical sessions are allocated 25 minutes for each presentation; 20 minutes for set up and presentation and 5 minutes for questions.
- Moderate questions.
- If you chair a best paper session, please remind the audience that this is a best paper session, distribute the ballots that you will find in the room at the beginning of the session, and collect the votes at the end of the session. After the session, please bring the ballots to the registration desk.
If a session is without a chair, we ask the last scheduled speaker to perform those duties.
Instructions for Paper Presenters
Projectors and screens will be available for all presentations and larger rooms will have microphones. Presenters are requested to bring their own laptops.
- Please adhere to the scheduled slot of your presentation.
- Please quickly check that the computer you are using for the presentation works with the video projector before the beginning of your session.
- Speakers presenting accepted full papers during the technical sessions are allocated 25 minutes for each presentation, 20 minutes for set-up and presentation and 5 minutes for questions.
Please consider including the gecco slide at the beginning or end of your presentation:
GECCO slide (Power point .ppt)
GECCO slide (Power point .pptx)
GECCO slide (PDF)
GECCO slide (.ODP)
Instructions for Poster Presenters
- The regular poster session will be held on Monday, July 13, 18:15-20:15, Tapices room.
- The Late Breaking Abstract and Student poster sessions will be held on Sunday, July 12th, 10:40-12:30, Tapices room.
- The Women@GECCO poster session will be held on Sunday, July 12th, between 16:00 and 18:00, Tapices room.
- Poster set-up is 30 minutes prior to the start of each session.
- For the Sunday sessions, posters maybe left on for the Welcome reception which will take place on the same evening.
- Poster boards and thumbtacks or tape will be available.
- Posters should be no more than 90cm (36'') wide and 188cm (74'') high.